Thank you for considering Fleet Feet Sports Raleigh as a sponsor of your upcoming event. We receive numerous requests for sponsorship and evaluate potential events based on several factors, including community benefit, visibility/marketing for Fleet Feet, confidence in the race director, and how many other events we’re committed to in a given day or month.
While there are many great events with equally great causes in the Triangle, we simply do not have the resources to support them all. To gain the best chance of support for your event, we recommend that you contact us at least 3 months in advance. Preference will also be given to events we've supported in previous years and those with a unique theme. There are hundreds of 5Ks every year, we want to know what makes yours stand out.
RACE DIRECTORS: Please read through the following information before contacting us about event sponsorship. Note that we DO NOT provide monetary support for events, but instead offer several opportunities for in-kind donations to match your monetary sponsorship levels.
As a sponsor we REQUIRE the following:
- Exclusivity in category of running/sporting goods. This should be referenced as “Fleet Feet Sports is the preferred running store of _____ (event name)"
- Logo on all race literature, website and t-shirt
- Social media links on Facebook and Twitter to our business page (as applicable)
- Signage at event, option to set up an informational table, option to sell merchandise (race permitting)
- Right of first refusal for running sponsor category in the following year
- Packet pick up in the store (must be advertised on website and entry form)
- Minimum two complimentary entries to be used for marketing and racing team
The following are OPTIONAL items that may be requested of Fleet Feet and can be used to increase the value of sponsorship:
- Recovery Zone (ice buckets, foam rollers/mats, Trigger point, recovery yoga, food samples).
- Advertising via facebook and twitter
- Advertising via feature article in bi-monthly e-newsletter (distribution of 19,000)
- Race link on our website calendar
- In store marketing via staff and bag-stuffers
- Free event consultation as needed
- Race bib awards: Instead of traditional age group awards, Fleet Feet will randomly select winners of several product-based awards (free shoes, socks, nutrition products, etc.). All participants can bring their race bibs to the store during the 2 weeks after the race to check the list of prizes. Everyone wins something, from a discount to free shoes.
1. Contact Jemissa@fleetfeetraleigh.com with your sponsorship packet, race information, and proposal of what you're requesting of Fleet Feet Sports Raleigh.
2. We will review your event, date, requested support and discuss what role Fleet Feet Sports is able to take.