What are you and your family and friends doing on Thanksgiving morning? Why not work up an appetite for Thanksgiving Dinner?
You can choose from 8K Competitive Race, 8K Recreational Run, and a Kid's Dash (age 8 and under). Competitive participants receive a long-sleeve, gender-specific technical race shirt and chip timing by Precision Race. Recreational 8K runners receive a race t-shirt.
We can no longer offer a 1 mile fun run. The 8K will now start 30 minutes earlier (at 8 am). This will allow Whole Foods to open earlier and let you and get back home earlier to get the turkey in the oven (or fryer).
The 8K is capped at 3,000 runners and has sold out for the past two years. Register now so you don't miss out on the holiday fun!
Ridgewood Turkey Trot Details:
- 8K Race - USATF Cert #NC-11042-PH - CLICK HERE for map
- 8K Recreational Run
- Kid's Dash (age 7 and under)
- Costume Contests! A Whole Foods gift basket will be awarded to our judges' choice of:
- Best hat
- Best individual costume
- Best team costume
- Kids can decorate the finish chute with sidewalk chalk or make a poster to cheer Mom or Dad.
- Convenient parking at Meredith College.
- USATF Certified 8K course with start on Ridge Road and finish inside the shopping center.
For just $5 more than the recreational run, 8K Race participants get chip timing and the opportunity to win prizes (including a free pair of Mizuno running shoes from Fleet Feet Raleigh for 1 of every 100 finishers).
At advanced check-in and on race morning, registration will only be available for $60 Charity Slots and a limited number of Kids' Dash slots (age 7 and under)
- Tuesday 11/20 4-7 pm: Advanced check-in near Fleet Feet Sports Raleigh (Ridgewood Shopping Center)
- Wednesday 11/21 3-7 pm: Advanced check-in near Fleet Feet Sports Raleigh
- Race Day:
- Check-in opens at 6:45 am. Registration is available only for charity slots and Kids' Dash on an as-available basis.
- 7:40 - Warm up for 8K
- 7:55 - 8K participants line up on Ridge Road by pace. Look for signs for the following paces: Under 7:00/mile, 7:00-9:00/mile, 9:00-11:00/mile, 11:00 and baby joggers.
- 8:00 - 8K start (competitive and recreational
- 9:15 - Kids' Dash (age 7 and under)
- 9:20 - First Awards Ceremony (overall and age groups under 40)
- 9:35 - Second Awards Ceremony (Masters and age group over 40)
Earn Bike MS or Walk MS fundraising credit and help us create a great race experience for thousands of friends, neighbors, and family. Let's show our participants from all across the nation some Southern hospitality!
We need folks to help with registration/check-in (Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon/evening and race morning), course monitors (age 21+), and aid station support. To volunteer send an email to our volunteer coordinator, Lisa, at email@example.com Let her know which position(s) you would like to volunteer for.