Our favorite Garmin models are on sale for the holiday season! Not sure how to pick which Garmin watch is right for your favorite runner? (It's ok if that runner is you.) Here's a quick rundown of the most popular models:
The perfect starter Garmin, or a great option for the casual runner who doesn't want to be bogged down by bells and whistles.
- Wrist-based heart rate
- GPS tracks distance, pace, intervals
- All-day step & calorie tracking
- Smart notifications & automatic uploads to Garmin Connect
Similarly easy-to-use as the 35, the Forerunner 235 features more accurate location tracking, greater data storage, more advanced training features, and estimated recovery time for each workout.
- All the features of the 35
- Accelerometer also tracks indoor treadmill and track workouts
- Faster and more accurate GPS
- Customizable data fields, watch faces, apps
This multi-sport watch tracks more than just running - the watch comes with 15 different sports apps, including yoga, cycling, swimming, and golf.
- Multiple sports apps
- Garmin Pay contactless payment
- VO2 max and fitness age estimates
Same features as the standard Vivoactive 3, but also holds up to 500 songs (and syncs to Spotify playlists!)
The watch for the ultimate techie. All Fenix 5 series models feature multiple navigation sensors so you can track activity in more challenging environments than GPS alone (perfect for off-the-grid trail runners!) as well as multisport tracking and advanced training metrics. The 5 Plus models also use TOPO maps to help you find the best trail, as well as music storage and the ability to sync with streaming services like Spotify.
(Pictured: Fenix 5 and 5s)