Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and Boston Mayor Tom Menino have announced the formation of The One Fund Boston, Inc. to help the people most affected by the tragic events that occurred in Boston on April 15, 2013. Click the link below to donate, or for more info.
Fleet Feet Raleigh is closed Sunday, March 31st, all day. We will re-open for normal hours Monday, April 1st at 10am.
Fleet Feet Raleigh will be closing at 6pm instead of 7pm on Tuesday, February 26th for a private function. We will reopen the following day at our normally scheduled time (10am).
Every other Wednesday in February, starting on Wednesday, February 6th, Select Physical Therapy will be in-store for FREE injury assessments. Call the store to make your FREE 15-minute appointment at (919) 832-8275
Fleet Feet Raleigh will close at 5pm for inclement weather on January 25, 2013.
We will reopen tomorrow from 11am-6pm.
Spend 100 bucks on apparel and/or accessories pre-tax and get a 10 dollar gift card valid for the month a January 2013. Spend 150 get 15. Spend 200 get 20. Spend 250 get 25. Spend 300 get 30. New items are coming in daily to the store from Mizuno, Nike, Brooks, Adidas + New Balance. Check out the Fleet Feet Raleigh Racing blog for some good tips on fall + winter preparation.
The results for the 2012 Ridgewood Turkey Trot can be found at this link: 2012 RIDGEWOOD TURKEY TROT RESULTS. Thanks to everyone for coming out to this wonderful event.
Are you a safe night runner?Check out these night (or early morning) running tips and remember: Be seen. Be safe.
- Wear bright colors and reflective gear. When running in low light or in the dark, the flashier the better.
- Accessorize! Clip on flashing LEDs, headlamps, and reflective bands to make yourself visible to oncoming traffic and other pedestrians. Our current fave is Amphipod's Vizlet LED (pictured at right)
- Run against traffic. Not only does this make it easier for cars to see you, but it will give you a chance to get out of the way in case they don't.
- Obey all traffic laws and use extra caution when crossing intersections.Stopping for a second to look in all directions for cars won't hurt your pace and can save your life.
- Skip the headphones. Reduced visibility demands heightened awareness.
- Keep I.D. on you at all times. (Check out our super simple, snap-on FLEET FEET I.D. shoe tags.)
- Make Fido visible. Don't forget to brighten up your four-legged running buddy with an LED or reflective collar.
- Run with your cell phone. Lightweight accessory belts make it easier than ever to carry your stuff with you.
- Stay on well-lit paths and sidewalks. It just makes sense.
- Run with buddy or in a group. It's more fun anyway.
As if you needed another reason to try Nuun! Our favorite way to stay hydrated made Oprah's list in September. Check out the link for the full scoop and swing by Fleet Feet Sports Raleigh to grab a tube. Retails for $6.50 and available in8 flavors.
Coming Soon - the perfect stocking stuffer gift pack complete with a Nuun pint glass!