- 1 1/2 c. finely chopped apple
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 T flour (whole wheat flour works)
- 2-3 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. lite coconut milk
- 1 c. chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 c. cube cooked chicken (used baked tofu or roasted cauliflower to make it vegan)
- Dry sauté onions in a large pan over medium heat. Add apples and cook until onions are tender, stirring frequently. Add chopped garlic and stir. (Add water or a little broth to prevent sticking.)
- Add flour, curry powder, and salt and cook for a couple of minutes. This will toast the curry powder.
- Add coconut milk and broth and cook, stirring periodically, until sauce has thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Add chicken, tofu, or veggies and heat through. Serve over basmati rice.