- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 bag (16 ounces) of frozen "stir fry" blend veggies
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen "pepper blend" veggies
- 1 T minced garlic (4 to 5 medium cloves)
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1-2 tsp. curry powder
- 2 T tahini (ground sesame paste)
- 1/2 avocado (optional)
- Place the frozen vegetables into a skillet or soup pot on medium-low heat covered so the vegetables can thaw and soften. Stir occasionally, adding a little water if needed. While the vegetables are warming, mince the garlic and ginger.
- When the veggies have thawed and softened (5 to 10 minutes), increase the heat to medium-high and stir in the garlic, ginger, and 1 teaspoon of curry powder. You can add another if you like a strong curry flavor. Cook, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add the tahini, adding a little water as needed to mix thoroughly. Stir the quinoa into the vegetables. Serve as is or with diced avocado and/or sesame seeds on top.
Preparation and cooking time: 15 minutes total
Serves: 2 as a main dish, 4 as a side dish